Grow Your Business by Leveraging Pull Strategy
BY: Daniel M. Savage
Pull strategy is based on a simple idea: in order to stand out and gain more business from existing customers, you need to be more proactive with them.
How do customers benefit from pull strategy?
- Save your customers time
- Reduce their workload and/or anxiety
- Help them anticipate and avoid problems
- Enhance their profitability
- Position them to win with their bosses, internal stakeholders, and the company
How do you and your company benefit?
- Ensures long-term customer retention
- Increases your level of influence in the relationship
- Reduces customer focus on price
- Opens the door to relationship growth…including more business
- Positions you as a trusted advisor (valued partner) who cares
Here’s how to gain trust and leverage pull strategy:
- Leave your personal agenda at the door
- Focus on each customer’s unique needs and issues
- Subordinate your own needs and wants
- Do the right thing…what’s best for the customer
- Ask and intensely listen