Payroll Fraud Is On The Rise
BY: Sam Huntington
- Verify all payroll change requests by a second channel of contact: phone call, cell phone, or in person.
- Don’t make payroll forms available on the company external or internal websites.
- Consider the benefits and risks of listing H.R. and operations personnel on the company’s external website.
- Caution employees about the social media privacy. Many security experts are now recommending posting those vacation pictures after you return!
- Tell your employees to trust their instincts. If something seems unusual, ask a colleague for a second opinion and take the time to verify.