POPmoney Quiz: Sending Money to Your College Kid Is as Easy as Sending a Text
- Saving for college
- Scholarships (#fingerscrossed)
- Filling out the FAFSA (financial aid)
What is Popmoney?
- Faster! No lag in delivery time.
- More secure. No concerns about compromising your account information or getting lost in the mail. (OR lost in their dorm room…let’s be honest!)
- Less hassle. You don’t need a stamp or envelope. The recipient doesn’t need to go to a bank to deposit a check.
- Any time. You don’t need to be at home, near a mailbox, or in front of your computer. You can send money right from your mobile phone.
Benefits of Popmoney
- College students can pay each other. Splitting a pizza? Sharing rent? Chipping in for gas money? With one action, your student can send a request for payment from all involved and his or her friends can pay with the touch of a button. No more claiming they’re out of cash.
- No charge to sign up.
- Since it is tied directly to your bank account, there are no fees to “disburse” the funds to your account like some of the other digital pay services
- If your bank offers the Popmoney service (like State Bank of Cross Plains), any other transaction fees may also be waived or reduced. Learn more about SBCP’s Popmoney service here.
There is a lot of support to get you started or to help you learn more about how Popmoney works and why it’s so useful, including: