Tips to Keep Your Child Safe Online
- Talk to your kids about what they’re doing online. Find out which games, social networking sites, and other online activities your kids are into and make sure you are comfortable with them.
- Talk to your children about the implications of providing personal information.
- Help your kids understand what information should stay private. Tell your kids why it's important to keep information like Social Security numbers, street addresses, phone numbers, and financial information private.
- Learn more about how to protect your child when he’s online.
- File a complaint with the FTC if you think a site has put your child’s privacy at risk.