Investing in Your Future
- About Us
Enjoy Your Work and Your Workplace
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and love the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of our efforts and culture of doing better... better for our employees, our customers, and our communities. Better for each other.
Why Work at State Bank of Cross Plains?
We want you to love your job. In fact, we want you to think of your work as more than just a job. It should be a place you call home – a career that is worth building with a commitment to continue to grow, learn and do your best. So it only makes sense that we should do our best for you in return.
Attention Personal Online Banking and Mobile Banking Customers: Starting June 2nd, we will be implementing a new layered authentication security feature.
Culture of Community
Our focus is on improving and investing in the communities we serve, including the people who live and work in this area, as well as local businesses. That focus creates a culture of support and collaboration with our coworkers, too.
Generous benefits include: • Health/dental/vision insurance • Life and disability insurance • Paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays, birthday, volunteer time) • Retirement plans with matching contributions • Incentive and bonus programs • Wellness reimbursement • Bank discounts on product and service offerings
A Welcoming Workplace
As a community bank, we strive to represent ALL the amazing people who create the vibrant, diverse, and unique communities we serve. Your perspective – your experience – is valuable. Be yourself and belong.
We hire the best people. The kind of people who are committed to providing outstanding experiences for our customers. People like you deserve to be recognized for what you bring to our organization.
When the CEO has five kids and volunteers to coach their teams, you know that work/life balance is more than just lip service. Beyond paid time off, we give you respect and encourage you to enjoy your life outside of the office.
Technology & Innovation
We invest in technology to help you work effectively and efficiently. Our commitment is typical of a much larger bank, and includes a top-notch CRM, mobile capabilities, work-from-home support, and the advanced systems that allow you to work as productively as possible.
We are prepared to invest in your future through ongoing education and training. • Tuition assistance for bachelor’s or master’s degree • Professional certifications • Professional training programs
Committed to Your Professional Development
- Explore current openings and apply for positions online. Or if you prefer, submit your resume for general consideration.
- Phone interview. If selected as a potential match for the position, we like to start with a 30-minute phone conversation to learn more about you and answer any initial questions you might have.
- First-round interview. If selected to move on after a phone interview, we will schedule a face-to-face interview either in person or via Zoom with an HR representative and the hiring manager.
- Second-round interview. Meet & greet with the HR representative, hiring manager, and additional team members either in person or via Zoom.
- Background check and hiring decision.
- Offer. Welcome to the SBCP team!
- Onboarding. Receive detailed, position-specific training.
We have roughly 260 employees spread among 14 locations in Dane, Green, and Rock counties. Our Main Office is located in Cross Plains, Wisconsin. Visit our LOCATIONS page for current addresses and contact information. With added growth over the years, some of our departments have relocated to external offices. Mortgage Processing and IT are located in Verona. Wealth Management is based in Madison. Human Resources and Compliance are in Waunakee. We may have some operations spread out, but emerging technologies allow us to continue to work as a unified community bank.
You may always apply to positions that interest you. As we do with all applicants, we will assess your skills and qualifications for the job in comparison to other candidates that are applying for the position. We welcome your continued interest in future opportunities.
You have completed the first step toward a rewarding career with State Bank of Cross Plains! Your application, along with others, will be reviewed to determine who we feel could be the right fit for the position based on each candidate’s employment background, experience, skills, and education. We will notify you about your application status and potential next steps either by phone or through our online application system. We appreciate your interest in working with us. It is our goal to ensure you are treated fairly and respectfully. We make every effort to ensure you are notified any time there is a change or decision regarding your application status. We ask for your patience as we carefully select the right candidate.
You are receiving these emails because your application is incomplete. You may still apply for the position by signing into your account and filling in any missing information. Your application will not be submitted if it is incomplete, and you cannot be considered for the position.
Yes! Please select “Submit your resume,” and we will review your skills and experience for potential opportunities in the future.
Our preference is for you to create a candidate profile and apply online. The exception to that request is if there are no positions listed that match your interests. You may select “Submit your resume,” and we will review your skills and experience for potential opportunities in the future.
Simply click on any open position and select “Apply for this job online.” New applicants will need to create a candidate profile and will be prompted to enter their email. Returning applicants may login and use the profile saved on the system. Your resume may be uploaded via Google Drive, LinkedIn, Dropbox, or your computer’s drive, and your information will automatically be parsed into the appropriate fields. Please review the information for accuracy.
- All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, etc., programs are granted fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or other protected characteristic.
- Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
- All personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, training, social and recreational programs, etc. are administered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or other protected characteristic.
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster Supplement
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Right to Work
- Uniformed Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act
- Important Notice on Employee Rights to Collective Bargain and Organize
- Polygraph Protection Act
- Job Safety and Health Protection