What is a Digital Wallet
Tips for using your phone at checkout:
Why are smart phone apps a safer way to pay?
How do they work?
The apps may not work on older phones. See the chart to figure out if your phone will support this technology.
- Get the app. It may be pre-installed on your phone. If not, download the app that matches your phone type from your phone’s app store.
- Activate the app. Sign in to your account. The app may prompt you to create an account, if necessary.
- Add security measures. Enter a PIN and consider scanning your fingerprint for authentication purposes.
- Add your credit card information. Using the camera on your smart phone, take a picture of your credit card. The app will walk you through the process. Add as many credit cards as you wish. You can choose a default and just swipe the phone screen at checkout to choose a different one, if you prefer.
- Add gift cards, loyalty cards, debit cards and almost anything with a bar code. Once you get used to paying with your phone app, add gift cards and more to your digital wallet for additional convenience.
- Use it at the store. At the register, hold your phone over the payment box where you would normally slide your credit card. Gently hold your thumb over the button at the bottom of your smart phone to enter your fingerprint authorizing the purchase. You don’t even need to open the app.